Today, I make a blog post unlike any of my others, and I share with you some characteristics about myself through this post of having been nominated for the Liebster Award.
The German derived word, “Liebster”, specifically translates to “sweetheart” or “beloved person” in English. However, the Liebster Award here on WordPress, simply refers to the enjoyment of someones blog. It’s a way of expressing your gratitude and enthusiasm for a blogging site. So I start by thanking my blogging partner at Horrorville (http://matthewalesci.wordpress.com/) for recognizing me through this award. I greatly appreciate it!
This award is very unique and fun because it asks the blogger to follow a few steps in accepting it.
1. Thank the person who nominated you for the award
2. Display the banner/sticker/logo on your blog
3. Answer the questions the award giver asked
4. List 11 facts about yourself
5. List your nominees
That’s a lot of work for someone who is accepting an award! Can’t I just jog on up to the stage, take my bow, and let the crowd go wild? Well…I guess not, so I’ll just fill out my paper work…Here we go!
The question that Horrorville provided me with was, “What do you love about horror?” I suppose the easiest form of that question would have been “What do I not love about horror?”
It’s a simple fact that we humans love to be entertained. Gladiator battles were once a form of entertainment. With these battles, the contestants actually died in front of a crowd! Talk about brutal! But in todays more humane, civilized world, we can simulate just about anything. Through the long lived art of acting we can entertain people across the world without anyone actually getting hurt. We can stab as many people as we want, spray as much blood as we want, and enhance the screams to be spine chilling cries for help. That’s Hollywood and we love it!
What really makes the horror genre exciting though, is the fact that some of what we see in these movies has happened, does happen, or can happen. It’s a sick and twisted thrill when you think about it, because when it comes down to it, non of us would want to experience most of what we see on screen in a horror film. Nevertheless though, some of us just need a good scare every once in a while. If there’s anything I’ve learned in this life, it’s that there is no limit to what gets people excited. For some people, like many of the ones depicted in the movies, it is indeed the act of actually chasing down and killing people. Most of us say they are sick in the mind, but I say their only human, what more can we expect? No one’s abnormal because no one is normal.
If you don’t feel like packing me into a rocket and shipping me to space yet, then let me move on to my 11 facts about myself.
1. I am a gamer. I don’t think you understand….I’m a GAMER. Hours and hours each week on the Xbox.
2. I love cars. I’m 23 and I’m on my 5th car right now, a 2013 Roush RS, my second Mustang.
3. I only use Apple computer technology. Samsung can go to hell and Windows can give up, because Mac is the way of life.
4. I advertise myself as someone who has money. Catch me in public, I’ll be dressed for success.
5. I’m passionate about finance. I trade equites on the stock exchange for now and plan to become a broker/planner in the near future.
6. I’ve always enjoyed writing…short stories of any and every kind, but I have never attempted to publish.
7. I find it difficult to list 10 things about myself even when I have the time to think about it. LOL
8. If it weren’t for music my anger could consume me. If it weren’t for games and movies I’d probably just cry.
9. I’m very particular about what I eat and I do not even want a salad near me.
10. I have 3 main addictions; Cars, gaming, and soda. I’m trying to ease up on the soda, but it goes so well with gaming!
Lastly, I shall list my nominees. Though I enjoy all of the blogs I follow, I’m narrowing this down to my top five. Here they are.
5. http://pandaschoice.com/ Passion is the heart of blogging, and Panda’s Choice expresses a passion for both blogging and the cinema. Here’s a blog that knows what it’s talking about!
4. http://jordanandeddie.wordpress.com/ Already nominated by my blogging partner, I just wanted to at least mention Jordan and Eddie…two guys having fun, watching movies, and writing reviews to keep us informed. True representatives of what WordPress is all about.
3. http://didyouseethatone.com/ Did You See That One? is such a catchy name for a movie blog. It grabs our attention, especially when we have seen the movie that was posted. I couldn’t pass this blog up for it’s cool name and great reviews.
2. http://dtmmr.com/ Dan the Man’s Movie Reviews is a blog that I have followed basically from the beginning of my blogging days back in January. I’m not shy to show favoritism because his blog deserves it. Doing (you guessed it) movie reviews, he isn’t afraid to tell it like it is! Already having been nominated by someone else, I too had to at least mention him.
1. http://thycriticman.com/ Thy Critic Man takes a fascinating approach to reviews in that he is our movie superhero, protecting us from the bad movies, shows, and games. With a great knowledge of film and movies, his well articulated reviews are both relevant and informative, as well as creative and entertaining, thus earning him the number one spot on my nomination list.
Though I mainly just want to express my excitement as a follower of these amazing blogs, if any of them do decide to make a post on it, then here are my (only 2) questions for them…
1. How rewarding do you find blogging on WordPress?
2. What is your favorite self-reviewed movie?
The Liebster Award may seem pointless to some, but I am glad I had the opportunity today to accept this from a fellow blogger, and promote/nominate some of the blogs I follow and very much enjoy reading.